Every police officer at Fairfield PD is unique in their own way. What do we have in common? We rise to the occasion and we keep a level head while protecting the city we care about. Becoming a police officer is not always an easy feat, but at Fairfield PD we support you every step of the way.
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding law enforcement career, then you’re in the right place. Take a look at open police officer career options and apply today. Together we are Fairfield.
Text A Recruiter
See yourself at Fairfield PD
New Recruits, Lateral, Trainee & Reserve. We have opportunities for all experience levels.
Up to $10,000 Incentive
Lateral and Academy Graduate
$90,220.00 - $137,103.20 Annually
The Fairfield Police Department serves a diverse community and exists to improve the quality of life in Fairfield. The department is committed to working with our community members to solve problems together. Police Officers are expected to perform a wide variety of sworn peace officer duties involving the protection of life and property; to maintain order and preserve peace; to provide assistance to the public; to perform law enforcement and crime prevention work; respond to emergency and non-emergency situations; arrest violators of the law; to conduct investigations and perform other related duties.
This position is represented by Fairfield Police Officers’ Association (FPOA) and receives an excellent benefits package, including:
- Take home vehicle program
- $10,000 signing bonus for lateral and academy graduate applicants
- State of the art indoor range and training facility, including a Force Option Simulator, Mat Room, and 25 and 100 yard indoor ranges
- 31 hour shifts—13 work days per month
- Generous contributions to medical, dental and vision plans
- Classic PERS members retain 3% at 50
- PEPRA PERS members receive 2.7% at 57
- Deferred Comp 457(b) plan with City contribution
- Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually
- Up to $5,000 recruitment incentive for referring laterals or academy graduates
- $1,200 uniform allowance
- Bilingual Pay for qualifying languages
- Longevity Incentives
- Education Incentives
- Gym available for on-duty use