Fairfield PD focuses on community safety, continuing education, training and opportunities for advancement. Just like our team members, every law enforcement position has a unique and impactful purpose. No matter your skill set, Fairfield has a place for you. Work alongside Fairfield Police Officers in civilian police jobs, supporting them in protecting the community we care about.
Be a part of the team that makes a difference.
Text A Recruiter
Up to $10,000 Incentive
See yourself at Fairfield PD
Dispatch, Community Service Officers, Records, CSI and Administration. Working in tandem with sworn roles we make this community stronger.
Dispatcher I & II
Full-Time - $61,457.76 - $84,520.80 Annually
Examples of Duties
- Answer non-emergency and emergency telephone calls; evaluate requests for validity, priority and type of response required; determine the location and nature of non- emergency and emergency calls for service.
- Operate a computer aided dispatch system, records system, mobile data system, and make inquiries and entries into the external law enforcement computer system.
- Dispatch Fire and ambulance emergency services when appropriate; provide emergency medical pre-arrival instruction over the telephone.
- Operate a multi-channel radio console that supports Police, Fire and other emergency services; provide information and coordinate response for fire, medical and public works equipment.
- Correctly determine departmental resources for varying emergency situations.
- Maintain and prepare accurate records and logs of messages received and dispatched.
This position is represented by Fairfield Employees’ Association (FEA) and receives an excellent benefits package, including:
- Generous contributions to medical, dental and vision plans
- 3 medical carriers to choose from: Kaiser, Sutter Health or Western Health
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement System
- 50 hours of personal leave (cashable) annually, plus vacation and sick leave
- Employer paid life insurance and contributions to deferred compensation and retirement health savings plans
- Bilingual Pay for qualifying languages
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $4,000 annually
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program and robust peer support program