Fairfield PD focuses on community safety, continuing education, training and opportunities for advancement. Just like our team members, every law enforcement position has a unique and impactful purpose. No matter your skill set, Fairfield has a place for you. Work alongside Fairfield Police Officers in civilian police jobs, supporting them in protecting the community we care about.
Be a part of the team that makes a difference.
Text A Recruiter
Up to $10,000 Incentive
See yourself at Fairfield PD
Dispatch, Community Service Officers, Records, CSI and Administration. Working in tandem with sworn roles we make this community stronger.
Dispatcher I & II
Full-Time - $61,457.76 - $84,520.80 Annually
Examples of Duties
- Answer non-emergency and emergency telephone calls; evaluate requests for validity, priority and type of response required; determine the location and nature of non- emergency and emergency calls for service.
- Operate a computer aided dispatch system, records system, mobile data system, and make inquiries and entries into the external law enforcement computer system.
- Dispatch Fire and ambulance emergency services when appropriate; provide emergency medical pre-arrival instruction over the telephone.
- Operate a multi-channel radio console that supports Police, Fire and other emergency services; provide information and coordinate response for fire, medical and public works equipment.
- Correctly determine departmental resources for varying emergency situations.
- Maintain and prepare accurate records and logs of messages received and dispatched.
This position is represented by Fairfield Employees’ Association (FEA) and receives an excellent benefits package, including:
- Generous contributions to medical, dental and vision plans
- 3 medical carriers to choose from: Kaiser, Sutter Health or Western Health
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement System
- 50 hours of personal leave (cashable) annually, plus vacation and sick leave
- Employer paid life insurance and contributions to deferred compensation and retirement health savings plans
- Bilingual Pay for qualifying languages
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $4,000 annually
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program and robust peer support program
Crime Prevention Specialist
Salary $61,457.76 - $74,703.20 Annually
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience dealing with the public in a law enforcement or social service setting is required.
The Crime Prevention Specialist is part of our professional staff and performs a variety of duties related to the development, implementation, and administration of programs and projects pertaining to crime prevention, crime free multi housing, and public safety programs and practices within the Police Department. Serve as a city liaison to community groups and agencies regarding issues related to crime prevention.
Examples of Duties:
- Develop, promote and implement various crime prevention programs, special events and projects.
- Serve as program coordinator for prevention programs in local schools, community organizations and business groups.
- Design, develop and produce brochures, newsletters, media releases, video segments and other related material to promote crime prevention programs and concepts.
- Recruit, coordinate, train and schedule crime prevention program volunteer staff.
- Represent the Police Department at committee meetings with other departments, civic organizations and agencies.
- Contacts victims of property crimes, business crimes, and/or crimes of violence to recommend security devices and programs and other appropriate protective measures.
- Serve as Crime-Free Multi-Housing Program Liaison between department and Property Managers/Owners by preparing and coordinating training classes and materials.
- Maintain database on the properties and persons involved with the Crime-Free Program.
- Provide ongoing marketing of the Crime-Free Program, which may include mass mailings, press releases, advertising, site visits and speaking engagements.
The City of Fairfield offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes City contribution toward the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) and deferred savings; medical, dental and vision; life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. For a more detailed overview of the benefit package, please click on the following link: FEA Employee Benefits